If There Is No Custody Agreement Can I Move Out Of State Pa

If you or someone you know is thinking about moving or asking for more information about the Child Custody Act, please contact our office. The above information should not be used as legal advice for your respective situation, but as an information reference. It would be important for us to understand the facts of your individual custody agreement before advising them on the impact that status could have on you. The moving parent must also attach an affidavit for the non-moving parent to complete their position on the planned move and the proposed revised custody plan. The notification must also contain a warning to the party that does not show up that, if it does not respond within thirty (30) days of receiving the notification, it should not object to the move. Pennsylvania law defines relocation as “a change in the child`s residence that seriously impairs the ability of a non-mover party to exercise custody.” 1 Unlike some other states, Pennsylvania relocation laws do not determine whether they apply only to people who wish to leave the state or to persons who wish to travel beyond a certain mile. We advise you to consult a lawyer in Pennsylvania to find out if your proposed move would meet the definition of a “move” under Pennsylvania law. As the previous paragraph indicates, the non-disclosure of a change, considered ultimately a relocation, can have serious and undesirable consequences for the parent proposing the move. In this knowledge, parents who intended to move of any kind often filed, out of caution, denunciations of relocation in order to avoid these potential consequences. However, the Tribunal was likely to view the notice as an admission that the move was indeed a relocation and, therefore, subject to the consultation requirements described below.

Yes, but only in specific cases. Non-parents, such as aunts, uncles or friends, can sue a parent to have a child in court if they have raised the child. If the child is dependent (neglected, abandoned or without proper care or control), a court may give custody of the child to an agency such as child and youth services or, in some cases, to a non-parent. A more recent superior court case: it is precisely this subject that was dealt with recently by the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.